1) We give a $200-$400 first time scholarship upon receipt of application, with a pastor's approval of the committee of three persons; financial exceptions are made for ethnic persons or special needs persons at certain times.
2) We give just one scholarship per person, with some exceptions. On occassion a person of ethnic background goes as an interpreter and may be recruited for a second year, needing extra financial assistance. Or a recipient's overseas duty lasts longer like an extension on a year's service and they request an extra scholarship.
3) After approval from the committee, then the scholarship money is vouchered from the Conference Treasurer's office.
4) A request to support a whole mission team is not feasible, so it is suggested that the team leader(s) select one or possibly two to three members to receive a scholarship. This can be a young person(s) (high school or college) or an adult.
5) The application process usually takes two weeks or longer for the turn around on the application approval and for the voucher to reach the Conference Treasurer's office. If the applicant is not to receive the check that must be stated in the application or in an accompanying letter.